Quick find your elected officials
Enter your zip code and get a list including Federal and State officials - from Project Vote Smart
California State Government
- California State
- Includes information on travel, history, culture,
environmental protection, emergency assistance, and filing tax returns
electronically, as well as the entry to government information.
California Agency Databases
- Quick index of California government agency directories and databases. Lookups you can select include: STAR tests, labor market data, sales tax rates, veterans' resources, Megan's Law, contractor's licenses, physician licenses, shipwrecks, dams, and dozens of other topics.
California Election History - JoinCalifornia.com
- The leginfo site - has updated California Code and a guide for accessing
legislative information on the Internet from the Legislative Counsel of
- introduced into the State Legislature
- To find your member of the State Senate or
Assembly, you only need to know your zip code. Lists Committee
Memberships and Legislative calendar here too.
Local Government Links
- ABAG - Association of
Bay Area Governments
These very useful pages have job listings
for local governments, earthquake information, links to many current
policy issues and studies, future planning issues, a worker's
compensation advice column (Ask Julie), links to local colleges and
universities, information on shared services and classes for non-profits,
and basic Bay Area information such as weather, transit, and great
statistical reports on housing, population, income, industry and
Decision Makers: A 25+ page directory of governmental agencies in the nine San Francisco Bay
Area counties. From the League of Women Voters of the Bay Area.
Sonoma County Government
Tax Forms & Information
Tax forms at the library: In late January and early February we expect to
start receiving forms and
instructions for most common state and Federal individual taxes. Pick up free forms while they
last at any regional library during library hours. Many libraries also
have binders of less-common Federal forms that you can copy using the library copiers (15 cents
a page). Please check at the reference desk of your library for help locating a specific form.
Form 540A: Taxpayers who previously filed Form 540A will need to use Form 540 2EZ or Form 540 to file their 2013 tax returns. California has discontinued the 540A.
- Free Tax Help in the Libraries
- Volunteer tax preparers hold sessions in the library starting in February.
Free Tax Return Preparation For You by Volunteers
- Information about eligibility and which forms and papers to bring with you - from the IRS.
Tax-Aide program for seniors
- Find a location to get volunteer help with your tax return - from the AARP.
IRS Federal Tax Forms
- Download forms and publications from the IRS.
IRS Federal E-file
- Information on filing your return electronically.
- Check on the status of your refund.
California Franchise Tax
- Information and forms for California tax returns.
- Links to tax agencies for the 50 states, Puerto Rico, and Washington, DC.
- Dry Creek Band of Pomo Indians
- Dry Creek Rancheria site.
Federated Indians of Graton Rancheria
- Coast Miwok and Southern Pomo.
Pacific Region Tribes
- Contact information from National Congress of American Indians.
A-Z Index of Tribal Governments
- On USA.gov.