Tips for Successfully Using This Site
Using the Search Box
In using the search box at the top of each page, you have the following options:
- Keyword Searching (default)
- The search engine looks for records containing every term you submit (note that misspellings will likely cause your search to have zero results)
- Search By Phrase
- Use double quotes around your search query. (e.g "Grand Jury")
- Use a minus sign before a term you want to omit from your results. (e.g., 'Petaluma -court' finds collections related to Petaluma but not any of the various Petaluma court collections)
- Narrowing Your Search Results
- If your search gives you more than a single result, you may browse the results list by collection title, creator name or subject.
Browsing the Collections
The tabs at the upper right will allow you to browse the collections by title, digital content (digitized accession forms), subjects, or by creator (agency or individual responsible for creating or building the collection).
Please note that this site currently contains finding aids for only a portion of the many archival collections of the County of Sonoma and the Sonoma County Library. Further details on some collections may be available through the Library catalog.